Vacancy for an Arts Administrator for The Dancehouse Lefkosia
Dancehouse Lefkosia, a newly founded house for dance in Nicosia is a non profit organization, a new landmark for culture in the contemporary world of performance, residencies, workshops in dance, theatre music and dance related inter arts.
Profile of the person
The Art Administrator will assist Dancehouse Lefkosia in moving forward to achieve its vision. The position requires a deep commitment and engagement to Dancehouse Lefkosia and its artistic goals. It will demand a strong sense of responsibility and an excellent work ethics.
- Degree in Art Performance or History of Arts or Management of Arts or within the field of Arts Education,. Additional qualification in Business Studies would be considered an advantage
- At least two or three years experience in arts administration
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Greek. An additional European language would be an asset
- Excellent use of the MS office
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the overall management and administrative operations of the company. This includes office work, correspondence related to the work and book keeping
- Work alongside the Governing Board and Artistic Board of the Dancehouse Lefkosia, attending meetings and writing minutes
- Research for grants, write proposals, raise funds with networking skills and cultivate activities.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with attention to detail
- Self-motivated, using own initiative and result driven
- Ability to prioritize, set the strategy, exercise sound judgment and function within tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Creative, innovative and multitask
- Team spirit
- Problem solving approach and timely decision making
Gross starting salary of Euro 850 for a 35 hours weekly (flexible) for the probation period of 6 months .from the date onwards that the job begins.
If you are an Arts Administrator seeking an expansive role in the cultural life of the city and the island as a whole, within the framework of Europe, please send your resume by email to email@example.com with “Arts Administrator” in the subject header.
Together with your cv we will be happy to hear from you on your covering letter why you are interested in this position in both English and Greek language (between 250-400 words each).
Applications should be received by 16th of March 2014.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidenceTo download the above announcement, press HERE Address: 25 Parthenonos Agios Andreas 1105 Lefkosia Cyprus Telephone: 00357 97 77 2264 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.dancehouselefkosia.com Links: www.ednetwork.eu www.cyprusdance.org www.youthballet.com www.dancelab.com